Human Capital Partners MD Asia, Ms. Vanessa Moriel, moderates a panel on Globalization and Automotive Technology with guests Keith Lomason, President, JATO Dynamics Greater China and Paul Sun, President, Bosch Starter Motors & Generators Division China, at the CBU 19th International Conference
Beijing – Human Capital Partners (HCP) had the honor of sponsoring the CBU 19th Annual International Conference held from Apr 17, 2014, to Apr 20, 2014, at the Conrad Hotel in Beijing. HCP’s Asia Managing Director, Vanessa Moriel, was accompanied by the heads of HCP’s Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Nanjing, Head of Talent Management Asia and Shenyang Office who jointly participated in the conference and Auto China 2014.
Revolving around the theme China’s Auto Industry after the Golden Decade: in Quest for Global Competitiveness, the three day event was an opportunity for the HCP team to visit company booths, join a variety of conference sessions, and develop contacts with automotive industry executives. Ms. Vanessa Moriel was notably invited to moderate a panel on Globalization and Automotive Technology during the CBU conference with guests Keith Lomason, President, JATO Dynamics Greater China and Paul Sun, President, Bosch Starter Motors & Generators Division China.
“As one of China’s premier automotive industry conference, this year’s CBU conference was a great opportunity for us to continue building partnerships with China based OEMs and T1 suppliers,” noted Vanessa Moriel, Human Capital Partners Asia Managing Director. “Our strength lies in the long term relationships and industry insight we have built in the automotive industry in Asia; events like the CBU conference and Auto China allow us to keep apace of industry trends, meet with clients and get together with other industry insiders.”
CBU’s 19th Annual International Conference was followed by Auto China 2014, China’s largest auto show. Asia MD Vanessa Moriel was accompanied by the heads of 6 branch offices as they attended the “Media Day” and various events hosted by clients such as Ford, IVECO, and BMW.
Both events were an opportunity for HCP to interact with industry specialists, government officials, automotive industry organization representatives, local and global OEM and supplier executives, and other service providers to discuss the challenges facing the industry and reflect on potential solutions and opportunities that exist with regards to talent management.
Key Highlights of Auto Show China 2014
- The Asian Premiere of the twin-turbocharged V8 powerplant Koenigsegg One:1. The Koenigsegg One:1 produces over 1,300hp and can do 0-400 km/h in 20 seconds!
- The BMW Vision Future Luxury Concept previous some pretty trick technology. It features a coupé-style roofline and sloping boot lid, some believe it previews an upcoming BMW 9-Series!
- The launch of Mercedes-Benz Coupe Concept SUV model, set to compete against the BMW X6
- The Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse Black Bess a tribute to the original Bugatti Type 18 Black Bess produced from 1912 to 1914
- The unveiling of 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine Mercedes-Benz S 63 AMG Coupe
- The BMW Vision Future Luxury Concept featuring a coupé-style roofline and sloping boot lid.
- The McLaren P1 with an acceleration speed of 0-62 mph in just 2.8 seconds!
- The newly revised Porsche Boxster GTS and Porsche Cayman GTS
- The new technologically advanced Audi TT Allroad Concept
- Bentley’s Hybrid Concept offering a power increase of up to 25% combined with a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions.
- The newly upgraded Lamborghini Huracan with a new 5.2 liter V10
CBU 19th Annual International Conference Life Experience
Auto Show 2014 Life Experience