Ford CEO, Alan Mulally, with Human Capital Partners MD Asia-Pacific and LIASE Group Board Member, Vanessa Moriel.
Occupying close to 1 million square feet of floor space at the Cobo Center, the Detroit Auto Show is one of the world’s largest and most important automotive event. The Show was a fantastic opportunity for LIASE Group – Leaders In Automotive Search Excellence – to meet top global and regional CEO’s, as well as other influential automotive thought leaders and opinion makers.
In view of the importance and scale of the event, LIASE Group Asia MD and Board Member, Vanessa Moriel, teamed up with LIASE Group MD Americas and Board Member, John Bukowicz, to participate in this exciting multi-day event.
The pair began the week by participating in the show’s press day, where they witnessed first-hand as global CEOs of major OEMs, such as Ford, Chrysler, GM, Volvo, Nissan, Infinity, Tesla and Audi, among others, unveiled their newest models to the international public, the media and influential automotive industry insiders. Beyond the presentations, the press day and the show’s other events allowed LIASE Group to meet with clients and key industry leaders participating in the show.
Vanessa and John were on hand the following day for the Autonews Conference, which was widely attended by T1 suppliers and OEMs alike. LIASE Group continued to meet with clients and influential industry people, while grasping the opportunity to keep track of industry trends, market opportunities as well as the present and future needs of automotive clients.
The week finished with a glamorous Black Tie Charity Ball. The Detroit Auto Show charity ball is one of North America’s largest charity events. This year’s ball highlighted the cheerful, positive mood that was on display throughout the show. Vanessa and John finished the evening at the Lear after-party, which was attended by Lear global and regional leaders, as well as their families and friends.
The 2014 Detroit Auto Show was upbeat, signaling renewed growth in the North American and global automotive market. There was a clear sense of optimism at the general signals of recovery for Detroit as a global automotive powerhouse, and as a manufacturing and R&D center. Companies, both foreign and domestic are reinvesting in Detroit to tap into its incredible talent pool and other advantages. As always, Human Capital Partners (HCP) and the LIASE Group were proud to participate in this event which celebrated the continued growth of the automotive industry.
Key Announcements from the 2014 Detroit Auto Show
- Cadillac releases its two door version od the ATS sedan;
- BMW announces the split of M3 into two lines in 2015. The Sedan continues to be called the M3 while the coupe is called the M4;
- Chevrolet uncovers the most powerful Corvette Z06.; The new Z06 features an all-new 625-horsepower supercharged V8 and eight-speed automatic transmission;
- Ford updates the best selling vehicle in the US with a bucket load of new and impressive features;
- General Motors introduces a new mid size pick up truck – GMC Canyon;
- The New Honda Fit gets a redesign gets even smaller – losing 1.6 inches in length;
- Hyundai announces a huge step up in every way for the Genesis with styling, interior and performance all getting an upgrade;
- Volkswagen upgrades its high end performance Golf R;
- Subaru release the Rally race inspired WRX STI. Its small engine produces a stunning 305 horse power!
- Lexus announce the successor to the legendary IS F Sedan – the coupe IS RC F;
- Mercedes-Benz launches the C-Class. A baby S-Class equivalent with its features and luxury.